Thursday, April 7, 2011

To Catch a Thief


Grace Kelly wore this stunning outfit in the 1954 film "To Catch a Thief". Edith Head is one of my favorite designers, I love her classic style and have recreated several of her costumes in miniature.



I made this outfit several years ago, but I wanted my own copy. I had the genius idea to cut out as many jumpsuits as I could out of the piece of black knit that I had. Lesson learned- just because you have enough fabric to make 14 outfits, doesn't mean you should. It felt like it took forever to finish all these outfits.




"Pool Pose" Madra loves her new resort wear.







Because the jumpsuit is made of knit, this ensemble fits the Tonner/Tyler dolls too.



I think Daphne Dimples makes a lovely Grace. I use to have a lot of problems photographing the early Tonner dolls. Their skin is rather dark and would always look really dark in my pictures. I shined a light on Daphne while I was taking her picture and am really happy with the results.



She is still a little dark in the full body shots though.







Antionette can also wear this outfit. She claimed that she wanted to jazz it up a little by wearing her red sandals, but the truth is she doesn't have any other shoes.







Outfits are for sale in my blog store.

2 comments:

Belladonna said...

I watched "Chaplin" 2 nights ago on Foxtel, starring Robert Downey JR, Anthony Hopkins, Kevin Kline & Diane Lane. There are 2 outfits I love in that movie worn by Diane Lane. Both outfits have matching hats. I wonder how do I get a photo out of the movie. It looked blurry when I clicked my camera on TV screen.

El RINCÓN de Ana & Ancor said...

This is incredible!!! Have you tried with her blue dress, from the same film? And the golden one? I'd love to see them! You are fan-tas-tic!!!
Ana