Saturday, April 11, 2015

"Marnie" Honeymoon Ensemble



This is my latest commission that I turned into a larger project.  One of my dolly friends send me the DVD for the 1964 Alfred Hitchcock film "Marnie" a year or so ago.  I made him the white dress a while ago and this is my version of the taupe honeymoon ensemble that Marnie wears in the film.

 





This outfit is made out of the same taupe wool that I used for one of the taupe "Something's Got to Give" prototypes.  I guess I bought a lot of it because I am making my first suit for Trent out of it too.  The fur is the same, but I didn't use the hair clippers on it.  I actually think I ruined my hair clippers trying to clip this faux fur for a different outfit.










 
 
 
Of course I had to fancy things up, and made another outfit using the same pattern.
 
 
I like to show the versatility of a pattern.


I added 3" to the bottom of the coat, and didn't use the facing pattern so the pink satin lining would show.


A bias-cut satin trim and a bow were added to the sheath.



To purchase the pattern click here.
 

No comments: