Thursday, November 17, 2016

Dior's Envol Ensemble

 
This outfit was inspired by a 1948 Dior ensemble.
 

The first time I saw this outfit was on the cover of a Tom Tierney paper doll book.


(Of course I want to make the other two outfits on the cover.)
 

I first attempted this outfit ten years ago. 
 
 
It is a little different than the new version.
 
 
 
 
I lost count of how many outfits I made this time around, but each outfit has 12 buttons, 21 snaps, 18 beads, and 2 hooks.  That is A LOT of handwork.  I retrospect, I should have charged more for them.
 
Like all my other obsessions, I had to find as many pictures of this outfit as I could.  I tried to replicate a few of them with my "Black Lipstick" Gene.
 



I even made the gaiters.  They are a little bulkier than I wanted them to be, but working with human scaled fabrics in miniature is always a challenge.




Another thing that is hard to miniaturize is the drape of a garment.
 
 






 
 
Here are some more pictures that I found.
 












 My dolls need all of these outfits.
 
 
 
To purchase this pattern, click here.


No comments: