Monday, April 16, 2018

Balmain Lace Suit II


This lovely lace suit was inspired by a 1952 Pierre Balmain design.


I'm a huge fan of Balmain's 1950's fashions and fell in love with this lace and chiffon halter sheath the moment I saw it.


Things got even more exciting when I saw the sheath with this jacket.  So of course I made a whole bunch of suits.


I started out making the suit in rose lace.






Then light blue lace,






and also cream lace.




But I couldn't be satisfied with just lace, I loved this design so much that I wanted to see what it would look like in brocade.


I wasn't disappointed.






 The suits lead to making a full skirted halter dress in cotton print, and chiffon.


I love this dress!







Lace and silk chiffon in rose.


I love my new Palm Springs Gene.




She's stunning!


The halter dress then evolved into a sequin and chiffon dress in cream.....


My Palm Springs Madra is lovely in cream.


.....and pink,



Which brought me back to the halter sheath in sequins.


I wish I had made this dress shorter for Violet, so I just tucked up the bottom of the dress.


What a beauty my Palm Springs Violet is!


Pattern coming soon!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This was a lovely journey from one gorgeous dress to another, great work :-)!