Thursday, January 9, 2014

My Top 10 Christian Dior Favorites From 1950

About a month ago I wrote a post about my favorite fashions by Fath from 1950, so now I am sharing my favorite Dior designs from that same year.

It was harder for me to find 10 favorite Dior designs than I though it would be.  I guess 1950 isn't my favorite year for Dior. 

I am constantly adding pictures to my files, and have many on Pinterest by Dior that I haven't gotten around to transferring over to my computer.  I am sure I will find more Dior creations from 1950 later.

I am already regretting that I didn't start posting about my designer favorites in 1947 when Dior launched "The New Look", but I will do that later.

So in no particular order, here they are.  I would love to make all of these outfits for Gene.




 The velvet gold coat over the slim black skirt is great.


Here is another stunning coat over a slim skirt.  Love the color.
 
I really appreciate seeing the fashions in colored photos because if I hadn't seen the first photo of this coat, I would have assumed that it was grey and not that lovely melon color. 


 I want to try making my own lace fabric by sewing lace trim on fabric.  It looks like I would need 2-3 different widths of the same style of lace to make this dress.  I doubt I would make more than a couple of these.


Love everything about this dress; the fabric, the over dress, the underskirt, etc.
 

 
Two more photos of this lovely dress




I have a thing for full skirts over slim underskirts and brocade, so this is a winner in my book.  I also love the bodice darts.


 Big dramatic collars rock!


 Beautiful!
 
 






I tried to make this dress for Gene years ago, it was a fail.  But now that I have seen the back of the dress, I may attempt it again someday.





 I love suits with trim.
 
 
I saved my favorite for last, love this low neckline with the white pleated blouse underneath.

1 comment:

Belladonna said...

The suit with trim looks a lot like Gene "Suited to be Colonel". The best for last (I agree) reminds me of the suit worn by Ivy Jordan. The pleated blouse inside was pink. I don't remember what it's called but I bought the doll because of the suit.