Wednesday, January 22, 2014

My Top 10 Pierre Balmain Favorites From 1950

I am in the middle of another big batch of outfits right now.  I feel like I will be working on this batch forever.  This project involves a miniature tassel maker and over 300 tassels.  I will share the details as soon as I can.

So since one of my biggest talents is procrastination, I would like to share some more favorite designs, this time from Pierre Balmain.

I have decided I need to take some French lessons, not only are the magazines that I like to collect my pictures from in French, but I don't want to sound like an idiot when I say "Balmain", "Givenchy", "Heim", "Griffe", etc.  I can pronounce German and Pacific Northwest American English, but not French.

I have made several Balmain inspired outfits for Gene from different years.  Balmain has some great designs.  So in no particular order, here they are:






 I love the puffy sleeves on both of these suits.




What's not to love about paisley brocade?


The fur is so fluffy!


 Love the lambswool fur trim and muff.


 I have the perfect fabric for this coat, plus it has a muff.

More lambswool and muffs!

Very beautiful, and another muff.


I am planning on making this outfit this year.  I love leopard, and a leopard muff!


Pleats!

1 comment:

El RINCÓN de Ana & Ancor said...

Did you know that you are a real genius? Your work is stunning! I love it! I'm your fan!
Kisses,

Ana

(From Valencia, Spain)