Tuesday, March 25, 2014

My Top 10 Christobal Balenciaga Favorites From 1950


Since I am in the middle of another big batch of outfits, I am taking a break to share my favorite fashions by Christobal Balenciaga.


This jacket is stunning!  I was able to see it with my own eyes a few years ago in San Francisco.







Sandra Stillwell created a version of this jacket for her "Golden Gate Glamour" convention in 2011. The jacket was part of a huge collection of  separates called the "Cristobal Collection".  It is reversible, with a black side. I need to play around with this jacket more.



I love this look.



Sandra Stillwell also included this green wrap and red velvet hat in her "Cristobal Collection"
Photo by Lori Richards


I am running out of words to describe all these wonderful outfits.
 





This gown was also recreated for the 2011 convention.  I wish I had had the $$$$$ to buy it and the doll.


Balenciaga was having a big puffy sleeve moment in 1950 because I found three designs with them.




I love them too.


If I could find the right fabric, I would love to make this gown.  It would probably have to be custom made. I really need to learn how to use the embroidery part of my sewing machine.


LOVE!


The bodice detail in this dress is beautiful.


And of course there is this design.  I just finished a batch of these suits earlier this year.  What a job!







No comments: