Monday, November 25, 2013

Suit With Peplum Part 2

This is View B of my latest pattern- Style 122

 
I made this suit out of black wool with velboa faux fur.  I originally made this suit to sell at my first Gene convention in 2008.
 
 
Here is the original.
 
 
When I first started making patterns of my designs, this suit was on the list of outfits to make into patterns to sell.  One day I realized that it is the same design as the Balenciaga peplumed suit except for the sleeves.  So I decided to add a view B to the pattern.
 
 
This suit was inspired by a tiny black and white photo in a fashion history book.  If I can successfully scan the photo I will add it to this post later.
 
 
I can't remember where I found the idea to add the pom-pom to the beret because that was like five years ago, but I like the way it sits on her head without pins.
 
I may be selling my original 2008 suit in the future.
 
 
 
 

No comments: