Thursday, December 5, 2013

I Feel Like a Proud Mama Part 2!

I have some more photos of my patterns made up by two of my awesome customers to share with you.  I love seeing these!



First I have Style 115- Betty Draper's  "Mad Men" red print dress.   This dress was made by Linda Gallegos.


Photo by Linda Gallegos
 
 I love her choice of fabric.  I wish I could have found fabric like this when I was making this dress.  Linda says it is a soft lawn print.  I think it looks a lot like the fabric in my inspiration picture.
 
 
 
 
 
Photo by Linda Gallegos
 
Her model is Tonner's Tres Jolie Sydney.  I love this doll and wish I had one.  She is still a very popular Sydney, and is hard to find.
 

Photo by Linda Gallegos
 
Photo by Linda Gallegos
 
 
Awesome job Linda!
 

Photo by Linda Gallegos



Next I would like to share Style 107 Grace Kelly's "Rear Window" green suit by Suzanne Hall.


 Photo By Suzanne Hall


Yes my friends, that is a 12" Grace Kelly doll wearing a suit made from my pattern.  I have not gotten around to making patterns for the 12" dolls yet, but Suzanne did.  This is so cool!

Photo By Suzanne Hall
 
 
Suzanne emailed me how she did this.
 
Aug 8
-->
Hi Diane,
 
I have finally finished the Rear Window green suit and it came out really well. I have attached photos of my Grace Kelly Barbie wearing it.
 
I found that if I shrunk the pattern to 83% that roughly fits Barbie slightly on the big side which leaves room for adjustments. I had to do several adjustments as Barbie is longer in the torso, larger in the waist and flatter chested than your 16inch dolls. Being flatter chested worked well as the jacket sits really nicely. I couldn’t figure out the pattern for the hat at all, so I followed my nose on that one. But it all worked well.
 
Knowing what I know now, if I ever made another one I wouldn’t line the sleeves of the jacket as on the smaller doll it makes everything just too small to work with.
 
I have now started on the To Catch A Thief beach outfit. That is a pretty one so I am looking forward to finishing it.
 
Kind regards,
 
Suzanne
 
 

 Photo By Suzanne Hall
 
I admire people who sew for the Barbie sized dolls.  I don't like doing it.  I do own all the Grace Kelly dolls that Mattel produced a few years ago, but I haven't sewn for them yet.  
 
 
 Photo By Suzanne Hall


 Photo By Suzanne Hall
 
 
 Photo By Suzanne Hall
 
 
 Photo By Suzanne Hall
 
 
 Photo By Suzanne Hall
 
 
 Photo By Suzanne Hall
 
 
Photo By Suzanne Hall

Bravo Suzanne!
 
 
 
I would love to see more photos of outfits made with my patterns.



No comments: