Monday, March 3, 2014

The Balenciaga Collection

I just finished my very last batch ever of the Balenciaga suit with peplum style!  This time I made it in plum jacquard.





 I decided to photograph all three suits together before I shipped off all the plum suits.


I really need to learn how to photograph the JAMIEshow Genes without washing out their faces. Have I mentioned before that photography is not my favorite thing?



The hat is a pin from Jo Ann Fabrics.  I need to stock up on these.  They are fabulous! 


There are a lot of awesome possibilities for turning pins into high fashion doll hats.  I bought these two "hats" at Hobby Lobby




I love this new backdrop!

This morning I was excited to find this photo of a 1954 Balenciaga design on Pinterest.  I have more of the jacquard that I used for the other three suits in a dark red.  I will be making this suit out of the jacquard in the future.

1 comment:

Belladonna said...

I love the backdrop. Where do you get it? I want one too. In case you are looking for great hats, visit

http://stores.ebay.com/Feltrope-Studios

Almost all of my doll hats are made by Peggy.

Let me know when you are about to start with Wallis Simpson's Wedding Gown in Tyler size.