Friday, September 30, 2011

It’s a Long Story




Mr Green and White Ensemble 1







Years ago, when I started my obsession about sewing for Gene, I was searching the internet and I came across a set of paper dolls on eBay.







Mr Green and White Ensemble 20




I believe this is a Debora Paget paper doll.







I fell instantly in love with the green dot coat ensemble. I wanted to make it so bad!




Later, I discovered another doll designer had made the same outfit in green and white. I was kinda bummed, but then I saw this picture.







Mr Green and White Ensemble 19




Modes Royale Spring/Summer 1953




I decided I would make it too. It took me a while to find the green dot, and I ended up using two different dots, but I love how it turned out.




Mr Green and White Ensemble 7




Here is Madra with the other dot.




Mr Green and White Ensemble 16




I used 17 buttons to make each outfit. I may have wiped out one online store’s stock twice to make all of them.




Mr Green and White Ensemble 18




Mr Green and White Ensemble 3




The umbrella is made with a kabob skewer and a bead painted white.




Mr Green and White Ensemble 12




Mr Green and White Ensemble 6



This ensemble is sold out.